display background

NAIJA VIXEN...

It's A LifeStyle, Get With It!!!

Friday, May 18, 2007

WEEKEND DIGEST:

Hey Guys, sorry bout d LATE update, blogging myt be real real slow 4 d nxt 2weeks.....but we'll still blog whenever we can...so BEAR WITH US!!!Thanx 4 d reminders as well...LOL!!! n yea...the template is changed..this is betta...i think??? anyhoo....

The Nigeria Discussion Series Blog is up and running now. Remember to visit the blog today because today SNAZZY will be hosting the discussion...Check out the discussion HERE and remember to leave your comments about his post too.


NOLLYWOOD NEWS:
Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde has been cast to play the role of a singer with top music producer, Paul play Dairo. The film whose title is yet to be made known also stars Enebeli Elebuwa, Desmond Elliot, Uche Jumbo and Ini Edo.
This shld be interestin' to watch..bin dat i'v neva seen a 9a movie with that concept! So we'll see...


VID OF THE DAY:
Ragga Remi - Tru born 9ja
I have neva seen so much Green in my lyf till this video....LOL!. I featured him a while ago, under artistes signed with independent labels...anyhoo here it goes...




Nigerian Bloggers - The Book:
Thanks to Laspapi for telling us about this great idea to get all Nigerian bloggers worldwide to become a part of an anthology of the greatest works of Nigerian Bloggers - A book called Naija Bloggers Vol 1.
Nigerian Bloggers around the globe are requested to send in their stories or recommend great posts for the publication of a physical anthology, the first of its kind by any group of bloggers on any continent.
The categories are anecdotes, short stories, poetry, prose, drama and essays but there is room for as many sub-categories as are sent in as the book will also serve as a platform where artistes can showcase architectural/interior/exterior designs, photography, paintings as well as fashion and textile designs. Submissions are therefore welcome on any topic whether covered here or not. Click HERE for more information!


RANDOM:
Peter Akinola made it into TIME's 100 most influential men and women whose power, talent or moral example is transforming the world.

Seems like evry one is on some akon steez, these days,anyways, here is a link 2 HERE

FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS:
I saw this on Calabargal's blog and I just had to pilfer it.The Breast Cancer site are having difficulties getting enough people to click on the site to fund enough mammograms for underpriveledged women. All you have to do is visit their WEBSITE and click on the big pink "FUND FREE MAMMOGRAM" DAILY. They are not asking you to donate money just your time, so please add the page to your Favorites and remember to click everyday.


Just 4 laffs:
Naija Letter of Refusal!
Lmao...!!!A potential employee,seriously vexed that YET another company had refused him employment decides to take matters into his own hands....read below!!!

Re: Letter of Refusal

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your letter of 4 October 2003. After careful
consideration I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your
refusal to offer me employment with your company. This year I have been
particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of
rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates
it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.
Despite your company's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this
time. Therefore I will start work with your company on Monday 22 October
at 8.30 am. I look forward to seeing you then.
Regards.
Hilarious Sturvs!!!


Event of The Month:

NAS (U.S.A Artist) LIVE! OFFICIAL NAS CONCERT AFTER PARTY!!!
Host: AK Entertainment
Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 9:00pm
PENTHOUSE (No 1,LECEISTER SQUARE)
Contact:07863373098


























Patience Ozokwuo debuts ha other career:
I read somewhere not so long ago, that Patience Ozokwuo was pursuing a Gospel singin career, anyways it turned out to be correct but she's more of in the 'Hip-Life' Genre...below is the debut video of her singin career..'Make we Jolly'..and shes using ha alter ego 'MAMA G' lol..anyways its got same rythm as the Ghanian Group VIP's Ahomka wo mu...

ROFLMAO....n dat rap was funny!!!!


Nnenna from ANTM: featured in a photospread in Jewel Magazine: Spring Issue! *click 2 enarge*






spotted @ Feels good to be home





Remember Kemistry?....Shes got some new songs on ha myspace page...so hit ha up n show ha sum luv...we dnt hav much female rappers in Naij...shes one of the feeeew!

*Pic is copyrighted, please seek permission from the artiste...b4 use*



Hav a great weekend ya'll!!!!

Labels:

Posted by Naija Vixen @ 10:26 AM

Comments:

I love your new template...pardon me if I am late! ahh

But I love that rejection letter ooh.. I refuse to accept ur refusal letter! hahah

Expect a letter like that from me if you want to divorce me....haha, how are you doing hun?
By Blogger Naijadude, at 5/18/2007
If any Nigerian newpapers could be like your blog, I can imagine how many will read it. I have enjoyed reading this post.

Its so full of life and style!

btw: black jesus' 4th rendition below ...so funny
By Blogger ?, at 5/18/2007
And on the discussion, I think you guys have a fantastic idea. Hope you can stop by at mine.
By Blogger ?, at 5/18/2007
Naijavixen has gone bad like spiderman 3....loving d new template...
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2007
very informative vixen,i thought sasha was the only female mc, so i will go and checkk kemistry and that mama gee is so funny, she dey enjoy life oh lol
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2007
at last.... lovely template,
the refusal letter is interesting...Hilary, no wan gree.

and u vixen... r a darling anytime.. keep it up
Oh i like this template...perhaps I thought i was on the wrong blog.

Didn't even know who Peter Akinola was...but well done to him sha!!!

Yeah seen this letter of refusal b4...and I laugh everytime.

That NAS-do doesn't seem like a bad idea sha..but perhaps some of us go to work...rocking!!!.and then not making it to work on Wed..imagine telling my boss it was NAS's fault...P45 in hand being thrown out of the door.

I'm really happy for Nnenna from ANTM she has loads of talent..good luck oh with the future.

As usual nice one on all the vital info u deliver.

Have a FAB weekend hun!!
By Blogger Dimples, at 5/18/2007
Nice blog.
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2007
i dig d new template..lol at the refusal letter..omo u no blame the bobo now........i hope that omotola's movie rocks sa!u have a great weekend NV
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2007
sweetymi, love u too much... av updated oh.. so be the first to leave a comment.
great template...
great sturves... i get my news from u so please try and keep on track before they issue an edict to evacuate and I am late to act...
HI Dear, i am good hope u too are. It was a while whats up now? I love Nnena and I was hoping she won, African sister love u know. But i always knew she was going to be ok she was a model hands down whether America's next top model said so or not. Thx for the update.
By Blogger SET, at 5/18/2007
aww, you redesigned your blog. hmm, Gonna take getting used to.
No o. is this naijavixen? or did i miss my way?wait now,i have the right address.......oh doh (hitting myself on the forehead!) you changed your template.hmmmm its coooll but gonna take a while to get used to (lol guess i'm one of those people)
LMAO @ the refusal letter. Nice One!!! Babe,journalism eh?its a choice i've been thinking about .... :)
By Blogger Mimi, at 5/18/2007
@NaijaDude--Thank you oh,hopefully we'll keep this one...all that white was killing us. That rejection letter was to guud not to share...We are not getting divorced at all oh!!!I refuse to!
@The Pseudo-Independent--Thank you very much...high praise coming from you!Black Jesus is on another level abeg!And if you are interested in hosting a series on the discussion blog...let us know!
@Anonymous--Lmao,thank you very much!
@Babe--Thank you oh, there are a few more MCs lyk Bouqui and Blaise. Mama Gee is/will be a very funky grandma!
@ExcitedJade--lol...it was condition oh that kept us away oh! I went to leave comment on ur new post,but 7 pple beat me to it!!!
@Dimples--Sowwee,didnt mean to confuse you,how hav you been? I was happy to see a 9ja person on the list...one positive thing in the midst of all that "spam emails" ;-)As for the Nas concert,they culd have chosen friday as pple will be working the next day & most pple are still doing examz...so only "Die-Hard" fans will go...Lmao @ P45 in hand!Hav a fab wknd too!!!
@Tom-- Thank you!
@Pink-satin-- Thank you!As per the refusal letter,imagine how many he got for him to get mad...lol,hav a great weekend too!!!
@catwalq--thank you,luv ur blogs! and we'll try our best to update frequently,hav a great weekend!
@SET-- Good to hear,Nnenna is doing really well for herself.Have a great weekend dear!!
@Toni Payne-- lol,yeah gonna,but we were fed up of the white!
@~Mimi~-- ryt page dont worry,we were tired of that template oh...Think bout REALLY well u hear? ;-)
Naija Vixen- your new design looks hot!!

I love Nas he is so sexy...
I like dat ragga remi video. But i don't like d song. I like dat mama G song abeg. I hope to get d CD. I didn't expect her voice to be like dat though but it's really good. Still not sure about d new template though. Will let u know later sha....;)
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2007
Thanks Vixen, seems there is another version of "make we jolly" or I could be wrong. I am enjoying that as well. Anyway, am looking forward to Omotola Jalade-Ekeindes' new role.

btw: on the discussions i think the word needs to be spread to all frontiers
By Blogger ?, at 5/19/2007
Thanks naija vixen for the update..........l love ur new template. keep it up. Girl, u got the latest entertaiment news. keep it coming. Blogs are damn slow this days. Everyone is busy. l totally understand.
@SG--Thank you,Vickii called it Boudoir chic...and i culdnt agree more! *sighs* NAS!Kelis is so lucky to hav him...;-)
@wienna-- The video is funny,i culdnt look at anything green for 2 mins afterwards.Mama G is enjoying lyf abeg...lol.The template must grow on u oh!
@The Pseudo-Independent-- A friend told me that,is it better than this version?I am plesantly surprised with her offering tho. Yeah,we are looking to get it publiced a lot more,thank you!
@yankeenaijachick-- You are welcome and thank you...;-) So much getting in the way of blogging,so thanks for understanding.
i love love love love ur new template
By Blogger Dith, at 5/19/2007
Love the new look too...Was wondering if I clicked the right link :-)

LOL @ the rejection letter

I like the 2nd picture of Nnenna.

Btw, good job on the NDS post :-)
By Blogger Nilla, at 5/19/2007
Also goodluck with Exams too.
By Blogger Nilla, at 5/19/2007
Sexy template, me likes.

Mama G is heeeelarious, lmao, funny video. She's so pretty.

The truborn Naija song is alright, too much green for comfort, lol.

Looking forward to Omotolas new movie.
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/20/2007
I love ur new look. cant find it on the template...thinking of changing mine but cant find anything I like.urs is cool though
Wow loads of info to digest, great job!
By Blogger TMinx, at 5/21/2007
Hey ya! likin the new template! I'm also loving nnena's pix, really cute plus I'm just very proud of her!

take care luv!
By Blogger Tiwa, at 5/21/2007
am looking forward to an update
By Blogger ?, at 5/21/2007
Nice new layout, Vixen, its like Spider man 3 as "Anon" said. Came to try out my new "Starcomms" broadband. It works well so I can spend time on the great stuff you always have.
By Blogger laspapi, at 5/22/2007
wow ive missed so much :-/

n uve changed ur look too!
By Blogger Aramide, at 5/22/2007
@Im A Babe-- Thank you,thank you!!!
@Nilla-- Lol,ryt page...thank you,the 2nd picture of Nnenna makes her look very mischievious, thank you!
@Omosewa-- Thanks babes!Mama G is enjoying herself too much!I really hope Omotola's new film is guud.
@Linda Ikeji--Thank you! Ours isnt from blogger,you can go on the web and trawl thru loads of templates.
@TaureanMinx-- Thanx!
@Tiwalade-- Hey babes,thanks! Nnenna's a fab chick,guud to see her doing guud for herself.
@The Pseudo-Independent-- lol,you'll get 1 soon
@Laspapi-- Lmao,so u nd Anon agree...uhm! Thank you!!!So "Starcomms" broadband works better than the Nitel one...i suppose anything works better than Nitel ;-)
@Mona--You r back!!!!Dont do that again!
Loving the new template...that rejection of the rejection oletter is a hoot....
By Blogger Uzo, at 5/22/2007
Na Wopw!! What do i see after all this time away i LOVE THE NEW LOOK FABBY DARRRLING!!!..
By Blogger AbujaBabe, at 5/22/2007
I have been away so long i really do need to catch up!

That rejection letter had me off the edge of my seat how hilarious!..

I am Loving Grace Shannan her styles are soo fabby.....

Ok let me go and update i will be back.. :)

You are a sweety Vixen you know that!;)
By Blogger AbujaBabe, at 5/22/2007
hi i love reading your blog always i will really appreciate it if you can help get this song by neil oliver titled BABY GIRL its a wedding song thanks so much
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/23/2007
Haba, wetin happen? I left some serious response last week. Na who chop am? Hmmm, I think this your new template chopped my comments! lol!

Anyway, I am loving the look. Very nice! It's so sopisticated. Me likey...
@Uzo-- Thank you!
@AbujaBabe-- You are back!!! Kill a cow abeg oh!!!Where do we start to fill you in?Lol...Thank u,My naija pple never fail in the humour department,and i berra go check to see that u hav updated!!!
@Anonymous-- Thank you very much,will try and see if iv got the song!
@SOLOMONSYDELLE--Lol,lets blame blogger abeg oh,nna biko! Thank you very much oh!
I am loving your template...Nnenna makes low-cut look cute. I am thinking shaving mine now...
Sorry I missed your comment above...as far as i can remember what I listened to was by a male but this is cool.


btw: Guess what brings me here again today? Black Jesus of course! Just had to hear him out again. Think I may just post him on my blog at some point.

Ill be back

Enjoy
By Blogger ?, at 5/24/2007
i could've sworn that i'd left a comment here before.. but i guess bloger ate it up or something.. the rejection letter is hilarious
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/25/2007
I'm loving that rejection letter. So what happened next? LOL!!
By Blogger Unknown, at 5/29/2007


display background
display background


(C)Naija Vixen 2006-2008