display background

NAIJA VIXEN...

It's A LifeStyle, Get With It!!!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

10 questions for DAKORE!




WHAT IS YOUR BEAUTY ROUTINE LIKE?
"Well, I have a beauty routine like most people. I wash my face morning and night. I do not scrub too much because sometimes if you scrub too much, it can irritate your skin and I have a very sensitive skin. So, I scrub once a week, I do face mask. I like the ones you can do at home on a Saturday, when you are not doing anything, just lie back for 15 minutes and do a really good work. I cleanse, I moisturize and I try not to use any harsh cream. I am sure you know what I mean (laughs). Black is beautiful.

HOW DO YOU KEEP FIT, BECAUSE YOU ARE LOOKING GOOD?
I am very active. I like being active. Moving from one set to another, travelling up and down. I dance a lot, dancing is one of my work-outs. Then sometimes I do sit-ups at home. I do not like going to the gym, it seems too mechanical and can be boring after going for a while. I am looking for a gym experience where.... well let me not say it. Maybe I could be the one to do it.

WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED FASHION ITEM?
First of all, I have to say myself because if you are not alive, you cannot wear fashionable things. My life is what means most to me. Secondly, accessories. I love accessories because they complement your clothes and your style. I am an accessory freak but I do not over do it. I like those shiny accessories that make noise.

HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR BAGS? DO THEY HAVE TO BE BRANDED?
To be honest with you, I am not a designer freak. The bag I am carrying is not a designer bag, though it looks like one. The way you carry your bag is what is important. I will not kill myself if I do not have the latest Gucci bag because that does not define me. It is how I put things together that defines me. So as far as what I have is not too cheap or too expensive and I can wear it well, I am not going to lie and say it has to be a Gucci. Though, I have some as well, but it is not what I am all about.

WHY AND WHEN DID YOU DECIDE TO GO ON DREADS?
Emm... That was like four years ago, can you imagine? I cannot believe it myself. It just came out as a re-awakening thing for me. I was perming my hair and it was not doing me any good. My hair was not growing well. So I just decided to try something different, something natural and it fits me. I have never had my natural hair grow so long.

WHAT DESIGNERS DO YOU LIKE?
I like BCBG, JFF Jenifer Colffere, and Gucci. Those are the three designers I have their stuff, depending on my mood, because I am a mood-oriented person. I dress depending on my mood and of course, you would not want to be out of place, be over-dressed or under-dressed. I like being simple, at the same time, elegant.

HOW DO YOU RELAX?
I dance, I really like to dance. I could be in my room dancing and there will be no problem. I like listening to music like jazz and afrobeat because, it is very intellectual. I like the regular R&B, hiphop. I really like music.

LATEST FASHION ITEM JUST ACQUIRED?
I love perfumes. The one I am wearing now is Hypnos. I have Escada. I got Chicago from a very special person. I really love perfumes.

CAREER GOALS?
I will like to release my album which is really what I want to do. It has got a little bit of everything. I come from a soul-afrobeat-jazz background. I am also a bit of an old school inside, and not compromising where I am from. But in order to be current, I have to fuse in hiphop. I am achieving a lot of my goals and I thank God for what I am today.

WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO SAY CONCERNING NOLLYWOOD?
Nollywood has not done too badly. It has saved a lot of people from trouble and allowed us to express our creativity. There is still a lot to be done. We should not think Nollywood has arrived in Nigeria even though they like to think so. We can still improve on our videos, but I thank God for where we are now. "
(culled from ogechi emeruem)


I just love this chick, she seeems like a very laid back person, my friend has met ha b4, n its nothing but compliments, for me she just stands out among those 'nollywood' actresses....i hate that term!... i heard ha sing b4 in a movie,shes nt the greatest but she sounds ok...but genevieve and omotola both tried the whole actress to singer crossova thing but i dnt think it worked for them...so goodluck to ha on that!
Posted by Naija Vixen @ 9:06 PM

Comments:



display background
display background


(C)Naija Vixen 2006-2008